Wednesday, November 17, 2010

3am

Well it's 3am. For some reason I continue getting roommates with issues. Last night I had a snorer, and tonight I have someone who requires the door to be open and someone has to sit with her. Thankfully, I slept all day.

I was admitted to the hospital yesterday because of a blood clot. I was put on Heparin and thankfully this was discovered before it travelled to my lungs.

Since the birth of Chloe I have been quite sick. Total exhaustion and just not feeling well. My hemoglobin dropped very low and I was admitted 2 months ago for a few days to receive IV meds. Since my release I have been seeing a hematologist who gives me IV venofer weekly. The clinic felt I would benefit from having a PICC line and it was inserted on Thursday. By Friday I was already showing signs of a clot, and I finally went to the doctor yesterday. This is my 3rd clot in 4 months, but my first deep vein.

When the previous clot was discovered they did an ultrasound and found that I have a large thyroid nodule. They did a biopsy which came back inconclusive. So, as long as I continue to recover well it will be removed on Thursday. They will check the nodule immediately and if it is malignant they will remove my entire thyroid.

The doctors suspect I may have an autoimmune disorderb which caused these issues to suddenly appear. I see a rheumotologist next week to confirm or deny those suspicions.

I don't feel as bad as I may sound. With a little patience it will all get better.

Tricia

No comments: