Monday, October 13, 2008

31 for 21... Day 13

Okay, so I've missed a few more days. This is much more difficult than I thought.

We have this program in Florida to provide services for children with disabilities. This program is a state run program that has a few flaws. When I first received information about this program I thought, "wow this is great, they take care of everything"! Well, I was wrong. I have such a difficult time getting a return call, and now the therapists we have had a relationship with for over a year are no longer participating in the program. I received a call on Friday with this news, and then I started searching for new therapists, so far with no success. Imagine, 100 families seeking a therapist at the same time in your area. Also, these families are looking for a therapist that participates in this program. It is very difficult! We have private insurance, however it covers very little of Bailey's therapy. Before this news, most of the therapists were already on long waiting lists. So, I continue my search along with 100 other families.

Trish

No comments: