Friday, June 19, 2009

My Nails Have Been Painted for 2 Years

So, my grandmother ended up in the hospital over the weekend. She, too, has Alzheimer's or some other form of dementia. This is the first time I've seen her this confused. First, my dad commented about how nice her nails look, and she said "well Ronnie, they've been like this for the past 2 years". Then she asked me if I still live on Airport Thruway, and that road is in a different state and is also where my sister lives, not me. It's interesting to see these changes. She has moments where she's completely okay, then she has moments like those I just discussed. I'll continue to be thankful for the moments we have, but she changes each and every time I see her. It's becoming more and more difficult for her to walk. Which is something I've read numerous times about Alzheimer's. She is also easily irritated, and is often confrontational. This is such a sad sad disease.

Tricia

No comments: