Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Here I Go Again...

Well, I've had a few happy posts. So, I guess it's time for me to start going back to my old self. On Monday Bailey had three shots, then we went to the lab so they could do a blood draw which will be done at least every year. We get there, and wait and wait. Finally I hear Bailey's name and we go to our chair. I recognize the lady that is going to take blood from Bailey and she's the one we had last time that tried forever before asking for help. So, I'm holding Bailey and my mom is sitting next to us. I'm trying to keep Bailey still while this lady is holding her arm still and another lady is digging in her arm trying to find a vein. After hearing her scream and struggle to get free, for what seemed like a lifetime, I decide I'm going to ask them to let her take a break. But before I could ask for a break the lady holding her arm said, "well if she'd keep her head still this would be easier" Hmph! Seriously? Did she just say what I thought she said? So me, deciding to speak up for my child said, "Well, if someone were digging in your arm to find a vein you'd be squirming too". Needless to say, a nice lady named April came in and got blood on the first stick. Thank you April!

Good news, everything came back negative.

So, Tuesday comes along. Bailey's running a fever (102) and I call the doc on call. He says just to watch her and call back if she has trouble keeping her food down. Then, I think I have to be at work at 4:00am, but one of my employees calls at 11:00pm and says he isn't feeling well and can't work his shift. Seriously? This is the third time in 4 days someone has tried or has called in sick. So, off to work I go. 21 hours later, I'm still awake.

Now it's Wednesday. I worked until 12:30pm and I thought I was due for an audit, however the dates were mixed up in my e-mail so it's actually scheduled for tomorrow. Now, I have to be back at work at 4:00am Thursday! Argh! Bailey seems to get worse during the day, so we call her pediatrician and he asks us to bring her in. It's amazing how much worse she got in just 24 hours. So, we're to continue using Tylenol and call him tomorrow morning with an update. Also, I went to my pain management doc today. She is 100% sure that it is related to the problem I've had for several years now. Therefore, the only true cure would be surgery. I have a follow-up with her in six weeks and until then I'm wearing a machine that is supposed to relieve the pain (I'll explain that in another post when I learn more about it). Also, I was given another prescription for pain pills, and an anti-inflammatory.

So, it was 7:30pm and I was driving home and I get a call from work and the girl working says she's sick and needs to go to the hospital. Seriously? You're kidding me right? No, she really feels she needs to go to the hospital. Thankfully I was able to find someone that could work and cover the rest of her shift. Well, it's bedtime now.


No comments: