Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Resting and Eating Again

Bailey is still doing great. She's snoozing right now and just looks so peaceful. Her color isn't as good as it was yesterday, but I guess it's to be expected. Her papa came to visit today and that was a nice surprise. He wasn't able to see her last night because Aubrey wasn't a happy little girl and needed to go home so at least he got to see her off the ventilator. Keith and I will stay here for about another hour then we'll go to RMH for dinner and probably back here one more time for another visit.
It has been suggested that we not stay the night here, and that is very difficult. Last night was her first hospital visit where she had to stay the night alone. I usually spend most week nights with her when she's in and Keith and I usually stay on the weekends with her, so it was very difficult to leave her last night. She did have 2 nurses just for her last night so I know we left her in good hands.
They've removed most of the meds she was getting through IV, and she's getting pedialyte through her g tube. If she tolerates it for 2 hours they'll start giving her formula again. I'd love to be able to bottle feed her soon, but I'm not sure if they're going to allow that or if they want to do another swallow study before we start bottle feeding.

No comments: