Friday, March 28, 2008

The Week in Review

Once again it has been a busy week. We spent Easter at Brock and Carolyn's house. If you're reading this I want to thank you for inviting us to join your family in their celebration. Keith's dad, Molly, Tim, and friends of Carolyn's were there. We enjoyed our visit and Aubrey really enjoyed the Easter egg hunt. Bailey, of course, enjoyed the attention. She really has a way of making people fall in love with her. That night we had a little family emergency, but all is okay now.

Bailey had an appointment with her pediatrician this week. He would like us to start giving her apple juice with the hopes that she'll have a less difficult time having a bowel movement. Other than that minor problem she looks great. She's still continuing to gain weight and her lungs are clear. Good news all around! She also had PT twice this week and next week she'll start speech therapy. I hope we'll have the opportunity to feed her by mouth soon, and I'd love to see her lose the tube. Then, she'll be free of ALL medical equipment. Her eyes are also looking great, but we've noticed one is not completely straight. This is very normal for children with her history and we were prepared by the surgeon for a possible second surgery.

Aubrey is doing great. She really amazes me. I have a hard time remembering that she's only two. I took her to my parents tonight to walk their dog and she held the leash and made sure Debbie went potty. I feel that she's reached a point where she can possibly spend time with people other than family, so Sunday will be the first time I will take her to church. I'm hoping that she doesn't cause any problems. If it's as easy as I hope, I'll be taking Bailey soon.

Keith and I celebrated our third anniversary yesterday. We did a very simple celebration. Funds are not as nice as they once were. I can't believe how much things have changed for us over the past three years. Keith graduated college, we have two beautiful girls, purchased a house, I got a great promotion at work, I got laid off, and now I'm starting over again. I must say this past year has been one of the most difficult times of my life. I've survived, but there have been many times I really didn't want to get out of bed. I'm very thankful for all the support I've been given, and the new friends I've made during the changes we've encountered. I appreciate each person we've met during this journey, and they have made me hopeful for the future.

Mom and dad are spending this weekend at Tampa General. Dad is having some tests done and I hope that his numerous tests he's been through since 2005 will soon come to an end. I can't imagine going through what he and mom have had to go through. They are two very strong people and I hope to remain as strong as they are as I grow older.

This weekend is our free weekend. There is nothing on the calendar. So, tomorrow Keith will take his mom grocery shopping, then she is keeping Aubrey for the rest of the afternoon so we can clean house. Hopefully we'll finish tomorrow and be able to relax Sunday.

Also, please keep Shaun in your prayers. He had his adenoids removed today and also had tubes put in his ears. He is only a year old and this was his first surgery. Hopefully, he'll be returning home tomorrow.

Trish

No comments: