Thursday, April 30, 2009

School

Bailey has been attending school for 1 week and 1 day. I meant to post something sooner, but life at our house has been a bit more hectic than usual. I'm going to try to post as much as I can now, but it seems both of the girls are PMSing at the ages of 3 and 1! I tried quiet time, but that didn't work.

So, on Wednesday we all drove to school and took Bailey to her classroom. She was very eager to join the class while we were there, but when we left she became a bit upset. The tears came and went throughout the day, but it really wasn't too bad. That day they did an Earth Day celebration where Bailey planted a plant to bring home (it's dead already) and got the most adorable Earth Day shirt. She did not have any interest in taking a nap on a mat... and she still has no interest!

She continues to get better each and every day, and I love seeing her excitement when I pick her up. She still isn't interested in napping. They tried rocking her (which works until they put her down), placing her in a pack and play, and using her mat on the floor. It's so funny because at home she can fall asleep anywhere... even her exersaucer!

I've been working for two weeks to find a child care center/vpk program for Aubrey. Finally, today, I think I found the one for her! I was very impressed with the staff, the security features, the programs offered, and the class sizes. I plan to call tomorrow and get her enrolled to hopefully begin next week.

In 7 days Bailey will be 2!

I think Bailey is teething. She's fussy, had a slight temp last night, is chewing on her fist, and is drooling!

Work is going okay. It's been a bit of a crazy schedule. I go in before school to do paperwork or whatever I have time to do, leave to get Bailey ready for school and drop her off, then return to work to finish everything I need to do for the day, then pick Bailey up at school which sometimes completes my day, or I take her to either my parents or Keith's moms house and return to work. School will be out in June for 2 months, so it'll be interesting to see what we end up doing then.

Trish

No comments: